Considering the real-time nature of this forum, it is impossible for us to review
messages or confirm the validity of information posted. Please remember that we
do not actively monitor the contents of posted messages and are not responsible
for any messages posted. We do not vouch for or warrant the accuracy, completeness
or usefulness of any message, and are not responsible for the contents of any message.
The messages express ONLY the views of the author of the message. Any user who feels
that a posted message is objectionable is encouraged to contact us immediately by
email. We have the ability to remove objectionable messages and we will make every
effort to do so, within a reasonable time frame, if we determine that removal is
necessary. This is a manual process, however, so please realize that we may not
be able to remove or edit particular messages immediately.
You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum
to post any material which is knowingly false and/or defamatory, inaccurate, abusive,
vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive
of a person's privacy, or otherwise violative of any law. You agree not to post
any copyrighted material.
We reserve the right to delete any message for any reason. You remain solely
responsible for the content of your messages, and you agree to indemnify and hold
harmless to SECURITY-SCIENCE.com with respect to any claim based upon transmission
of your message(s).
We also reserve the right to reveal your identity (or whatever information we
know about you) in the event of a complaint or legal action arising from any message
posted by you.
Please note that advertisements, chain letters, pyramid schemes, and solicitations
are inappropriate on this forum.
- While debating and discussion is fine, we shall not tolerate rudeness, insulting
posts, personal attacks or purposeless inflammatory posts. Our decision is final
in these matters.
- Please refrain from posting meaningless threads, one word (or short) non-sense
posts, or the such.
- Multiple or repeated posting in order to increase your post count is not
- Advertising, spamming and trolling is not allowed. This includes using the
forum, email, visitor messages, blog comments, picture comments and private
message systems to spam other members.
- Please wait for a reasonable amount of time before bumping posts. For style
changes and general 'how-to' questions, this should be 24 hours. For specific
troubleshooting issues, use 12 hours as a guideline.
- We also do not allow posts or links to sites that are sexual in nature or
violate SECURITY-SCIENCE.com community standards. The SECURITY-SCIENCE.com team
shall be the sole arbitrator of what does and what does not violate community
- Discussion of illegal activities such as software and music piracy and other
intellectual property violations are not allowed.
- Don't attempt to infect members with trojans, viruses, or backdoors.
- Each member is allowed one login account. Registering with multiple accounts
is not allowed.
- While we are quite happy to have constructive comparative conversations
about competitor's products, we will not tolerate blatant adverts or the sort
of 'ooh look, yet another bulletin board' threads. Also, we would appreciate
it if you refrain from blatant bashing of other boards.
- We reserve the right to remove offensive posts without notice.
- If you are going to post non-English on these forums, please also post an
English Translation of your post.
- Posts arguing about company policies are not allowed. You can fill out a
support ticket if you have issue with company policies.
- Posts discussing moderator actions are also not allowed.
- Also while these rules cover most common situations, they cannot anticipate
everything. Consequently we reserve the right to take any actions we deem appropriate
to ensure these forums are not disrupted or abused in any way.
- You cannot post any affiliate or referral links, or post anything asking
for a referral. Such posts will be subject to removal.
- You cannot post advertisements or notices for contests.
- Support tickets should be considered to be confidential information. Support
tickets posted in the forums will be deleted.
- We also reserve the right to ban anyone who willfully violates the forum
rules, as access to our support forums are a privilege and not a right. A banned
customer is still entitled to support from the support system.
Advertising Services and Solicitation
We do not allow people to post threads or to send private messages or emails
to users here that advertise or solicit any products, services, funds or donations.
Explicit advertising and soliciting in signatures is also prohibited. Note: The
only exception to this is for language pack submissions as described below.
You should never give out your SECURITY-SCIENCE.com username and/or password
to anyone. We can not take responsibility if you disclose this information to anyone
Links in signatures must follow these guidelines
- Linking to a commercial product/service is fine, provided it is not a product
or service that competes with a product or service offered by SECURITY-SCIENCE.com
and it is not an affiliate program link for SECURITY-SCIENCE.com or any other
- Promotional text for a commercial product or service is ok, provided there
are no price(s) of product(s) or service(s) listed.
- A link and promotional text for a site that is not commercial and does not
contain product(s) and/or service(s) is allowed, provided the site is not sexual
or does not violate SECURITY-SCIENCE.com community standards. The SECURITY-SCIENCE.com
team shall be the sole arbitrator of what does and what does not violate community
standards. (Examples include sites about drugs and/or sex.)
- Duplicate links to the same URL in a signature are not allowed.
- All signatures must be made in English
- Animated avatars are not allowed. Sorry.
- Avatars that may be confused with official staff avatars are not allowed.
- Use of the SECURITY-SCIENCE.com logo in avatars is not allowed.
Licenses for Sale
We do not allow people to post that are looking to sell or buy. While you are
allowed to sell and promote your products, these forums are not the appropriate
place to do this.
The SECURITY-SCIENCE.com affiliate program is designed to allow people to advertise
SECURITY-SCIENCE.com on their web site. You are not allowed to post your affiliate
link anywhere on the SECURITY-SCIENCE.com forums, in your signature or send the
link through private messages to other forum users. Anyone that does this may be
removed from the affiliate program immediately without notice. This rule applies
to all affiliate program links, not just the SECURITY-SCIENCE.com program.
Signature Size Limits
All signatures should not exceed the following limits
- You can't have both text and images in your signature
- For text signatures: 4 lines normal size, 8 lines small size and up to 90
chars per line. Font sizes above 2 are not allowed. (Blank lines count as lines.)
- Do not use images with large text to bypass the previous item
- For images in signatures: 1 image up to 300 pixels wide, 125 pixels tall
and 20k in size
- Animated images in a signature are not allowed